10/13/10

He Knows My Name

Passwords drive me nutty. Several times lately, I've scanned my brain for the right one, locked out of a personal site until I remembered which password applied. And now I need to remember a password to purchase apps on my iPhone. Will it never end? Experts recommend that we change our passwords periodically ~ which requires even more memory (not for the technology, for my brain!) I mean really, do I need this much frustration?

I am so glad that I don't need to continually change my personal identity connection to the Lord. I am eternally linked to Him, and not with a "strong password" of "a combination of letters, numbers, and punctuation," but with one very special promise: God knows my name. It is written in His book of life ~ forever! (Philippians 4:3; Revelation 3:5; 13:8; 21:27) because I have trusted in His Son's sacrifice for me (John 3:16-18, 36). There is no other way for my name to be entered there (John 14:6; Acts 4:12); and God keeps good records. My name will never be erased (Romans 8:37-39).

Our names are important to God. He told His children in Old Testament times that their name (and descendants) would "endure" (Isaiah 66:22).

In a world clamoring for personal acceptance and recognition, how wondrous to know that the Creator and Sustainer of the universe cares about us in such a personal way. He knows His own (John 10:14, 27). He remembers that we are dust (Psalm 103:14), but He loves us dearly (Zephaniah 3:17).

Is your name in the Book of Life? Are you a Christ-follower ~ following the Lamb of God (Revelation 14:4). It's the only "password" you'll ever need to enter eternity.


If you do not know the Savior, the scriptures in this Christmas blog can help you understand how to trust what He has done for you!

1 comment:

Marja said...

Great post Dawn, God knows us personally, and that makes Him so much more than a so called on-line friend :)