10/26/14

My Position in my "Wonder-ful" Lord

I am breaking into my "Wonder" series to share my continuing wonder over all I am and have in Christ - my "position" in Him. 
This is the study I made years ago when I still struggled with my identity, security and dignity. As the victim of sexual abuse, I felt I would never "survive" my past. That was the enemy's lie.

The Lord gave me strength and wisdom to trust Him for complete healing. I wrote about this in a True Woman article in 2013. You can read about what God taught me in that process there.

I pray with all my heart you will be encouraged as you embrace these powerful truths.


In Christ, you have a NEW IDENTITY

· You are a new creature, born of God – 2 Corinthians 5:17; I John 4:7
· You are ALIVE! – Ephesians 2:5
· You are washed and sanctified – I Corinthians 6:11
· You are JUSTIFIED and made righteous – Romans 5:1
· You are reconciled to God – Romans 5:10-11; Colossians 1:22
· You are made HOLY through Christ’s sacrifice – Hebrews 10:10, 13-14
· You are redeemed and FORGIVEN – Colossians 1:13-14
· You are ACCEPTED in the Beloved – Ephesians 1:6; Romans 15:7
· You belong to God and have eternal life – I Corinthians 6:19-20; John 5:24
· You are His adopted, CHOSEN child – Ephesians 1:3-8; I John 3:1-2
· You become a member of Christ’s BODY – I Corinthians 12:27
· You are one with Christ (in spirit) – I Corinthians 6:17
· You become a part of God’s FAMILY – John 1:12-13; Ephesians 2:19
· You are COMPLETE in all the fullness of Christ - Colossians 2:9-10
· You are a child of light, not darkness - I Thessalonians 5:4-5
· You have a new way of thinking – I Corinthians 2:16
· You died to the power of sin; crucified with Christ – Romans 6:1-6; Galatians 2:20
· You are Jesus’ FRIEND- John 15:15

In Christ, you have ABSOLUTE SECURITY

· You are indwelt and SEALED for God’s purposes – I Corinthians 2:12; 2 Corinthians 1:21-22
· You cannot be separated from the love of God – Romans 8:31-39
· You are CONNECTED to the True Vine – John 15:5
· You are SAFE from the Evil One, rescued from Satan’s domain – I John 5:18; Colossians 1:13
· You are free from condemnation and accusation (Jesus paid it all) – Romans 8:1-2; Colossians 1:22
· Your “real you” is hidden from the world, but settled in Him – Colossians 3:1-4
· You do not need to fear, because you’ve been given a spirit of power, love, and sound thinking – 2 Timothy 1:7
· You are ASSURED that God is working on your behalf – Romans 8:29
· You can be confident that GOD WILL FINISH what He’s started - Philippians 1:6

In Christ, you have GOD-GIVEN DIGNITY

· You are a unique workmanship with a special PURPOSE – Ephesians 2:10
· You are a disciple with a mission – Matthew 28:20
· You are a citizen of heaven – Philippians 3:20
· You are an HEIR of God (a joint heir with Christ) – Romans 8:17; Galatians 4:7
· You are “seated in the heavenlies” and have a heavenly calling – Ephesians 2:10; Hebrews 3:1
· You are a child of the King … a ROYAL, set-apart priesthood – I Peter 2:5, 9-10
· You are God’s holy “temple” – I Corinthians 3:16
· You are a “kingdom” and PRIEST to serve the Father – Revelation 1:5-6
· You are a Minister of Reconciliation – 2 Corinthians 5:17-21
· You have spiritual AUTHORITY – Luke 10:19
· You are a minister of a new covenant – 2 Corinthians 3:6
· You are an AMBASSADOR – 2 Corinthians 5:20
· You are empowered to be effective and victorious – Philippians 4:13
· You are APPOINTED to do “the works of Christ” and bear fruit – John 14:12; 15:16
· You are salt and light to reach the world; a light shining in a dark place – Matthew 5:13-14; 2 Peter 1:19
· You are blessed with every spiritual blessing – Ephesians 1:3
· You are a child of PROMISE – Romans 9:8; Galatians 3:14; 2 Peter 1:4
· We will share an inheritance with the other saints in God’s “kingdom of light” – Colossians 1:10-12

My prayer for you:

"Father God, I ask you to encourage the readers of this post, especially those who need healing from the past. I am so thankful that "because of Christ, all of us can come to the Father by the same Spirit ... (and that) Christ now gives us courage and confidence, so that we can come to God by faith" (Eph. 2:18; 3:12 CEV). Lord, I love you. And I'm glad you are redeeming all that the Enemy meant for evil in my life. I'm glad you are making me more like Jesus every day - healing my heart and giving me purpose and a place in Your Kingdom. Thank you for Jesus." Amen!

No comments: