7/8/15

Heartbroken and Praying


I am heartbroken by recent choices our government is making, but it's been many, many years since we were truly "one nation under God."

We have wandered far from the truth of scriptureoften twisting it to fit our sinful passions or selfish perspective. And even in the Church, we have corrupted the commands of God and principles for holy living.

Rather than rant about these things, I have turned to prayer. 

I want to seek God with all my heart. 

"... seek the Lord your God and you will find him, 
if you search after him with all your heart 
and with all your soul" (Deuteronomy 4:29, ESV).

I am asking Him to remove any areas of pride* and sin that would prevent Him from working through me to reach my cultureto reach individuals who so desperately need to know the truth of His Word.

"Search me [thoroughly], O God, and know my heart! 
Try me and know my thoughts. 
And see if there be any wicked or hurtful way in me, 
and lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalm 139:23-24, Amp).

I am bending my heart that I might better bend my knee.

Is that your desire too?


* "Are You a Proud Person or a Broken Person? - Revive Our Hearts post

Graphic: adapted, Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici at FreeDigitalPhotos.net 

No comments: