10/24/15

Warm Me Up, Lord!

My granddaughter Jenna and I had our second "God, Grammy and I" time a few weeks ago, studying the first chapter of Elizabeth George's book for "tweens," A Girl after God's Own Heart.

We talked about: 
  • the importance of the heart, 
  • how we can have a "heart check-up," 
  • how having a heart for God includes responding to God's love, 
  • how a heart for God means we are willing to let God lead us, 
  • and especially, how crucial it is that our heart is "hot" for God, not lukewarm (Revelation 3:15-16).
It was a time of teaching and sharing with Jenna, but I found myself in deeper self-examination too.
We need to take the "temperature" of our heart and make adjustments if we're not hot ("on fire") for the Lord.
I don't want to be a lukewarm Christ-follower.

John of Kronstadt, a pious Russian Orthodox Christian, once said, "Your Lord is a fire: do not let your heart be cold, but burn with faith and love." *

I found myself praying two questions:

(1) Lord, how can I turn up the heat of my love for you? 
(2) Where do I need to warm up my life for your glory?
Are those the questions in your heart too?


http://www.christianquotes.info/images/john-of-kronstadt-quote-4-ways-to-keep-the-fire-of-gods-love-burning-in-your-heart/ 

No comments: