11/20/15

Finishing Well ... Shine!



"They still bear fruit in old age ..." (Psalm 92:14). I want to bear fruit for the Kingdom of God until the day I die, don't you?

How is this possible?
No matter our health, no matter our circumstances, we can still make the choice to SHINE! 
So many choices we can make to shine.
  • We can make choices of joy when happiness is out of the question.
  • We can make the choice of contentment when circumstances change.
  • We can decide to trust instead of fear, taking courage and moving forwardtrusting God's love.
I don't want to shine for myself.  I want to reflect the glory of the One who said, "... I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life" (John 8:12).

And Jesus says to us:
       "YOU are the light of the world ..." (Matthew 5:14).

Hearing those words, I want to shine as a light in our cultureto point people to the truth of scripture and the love and goodness of the Father.
  • "But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until the full day" (Proverbs 4:18).
  • "The light of the righteous shines brightly ..." (Proverbs 13:9).
  • "... those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky above ..." (Daniel 12:3).
A song I learned in childhood still rumbles around in my thoughts and motivates me today. I want to sing it for all my life:

"Jesus bids us shine, then, for all around.
Many kinds of darkness in the world abound:
Sin and want and sorrowwe must shine,
You in your small corner, and I in mine." *

* http://library.timelesstruths.org/music/Jesus_Bids_Us_Shine/

No comments: