11/23/15

The Treasure You Already Have


Today (Nov. 23) is International Day of the Bible. How many Bibles do you own? 

I've given some away, but more can still go. WHY?
My perspective changed. 

I saw the need.
I watched a woman who never had a Bible embrace the gift of a Bible and weep. 
Let's never forget the precious treasure we have right in our own homes and churches the timeless, tested and Truth-filled Word of God.
Regarding the value of the words of the Bible:
  • "More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold...." (Psalm 19:10a)
  • "...the words of the LORD are flawless, like silver purified in a crucible, like gold refined seven times" (Psalm 12:6).
  • "The law from your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold" (Psalm 119:72).
  • "...I love your commands more than gold, more than pure gold" (Psalm 119:127).
Walk around your house. Count your Bibles.  How many do you have?
Consider how you might share from your treasure with those who are "dying" to read God's Word.
"... faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ" (Romans 10:17).

No comments: