2/11/16

Unplug and Be Still

Stressed and struggling last week, I turned to my cell phone for relief. I perused a couple of blog posts, scanned my friends' Facebook status posts and played a game of Solitaire.

I felt relaxed ... a bit. And then I heard this voice: "You will not come to me. I want to give you rest."

I recognized that loving, chastising voice. It was the Spirit of God speaking to my heart. The true rest I sought was in the Lord and His Word.

Dr. David Jeremiah made a valid point in his Turning Point devotional today, "Be Still." We are losing our ability, he said, to be still and know our God. 

The prophet Isaiah wrote,
"In returning and rest you shall be saved; 
in quietness and confidence shall be your strength" 
(Isaiah 30:15).

It's a crazy-busy world out there.
We have to learn to retreat from the world into a retreat with the Lord.
It's not that we need to toss our technology, but it needs to be in the proper place in our lives.

As Dr. Jeremiah said, "...keep your phone, but unplug it long enough to be still and know that He is God."

Resting with the Lord is always a wise choice!

Are you struggling, stressed, in need of rest? What can you do RIGHT NOW to find your rest in God?

No comments: