3/7/16

Prize Wisdom!


As a young girl, in a little corner church in Chicago, I heard the story of Solomon. How the king prayed for wisdom and God not only gave him extraordinary wisdom, He blessed him with wealth and fame. (1 Kings 3:1-12)

I'm so glad I prayed for wisdom that day. And through the years, I found true Wisdom in the Word of God.

Proverbs 4:5-9 says (ESV):

"Get wisdom; get insight;
do not forget, and do not turn away from the words of my mouth.
Do not forsake her, and she will keep you;
love her, and she will guard you.
The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom,
and whatever you get, get insight.
Prize her highly, and she will exalt you;
she will honor you if you embrace her.
She will place on your head a graceful garland;
she will bestow on you a beautiful crown."

Just as Jesus is the Living Word, the scriptures teach Jesus is wisdom for us:

"... Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. . . . Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption...." (1 Corinthians 1:24, 30).

I am grateful today for the Word of God and the Lord Jesus. Are you?

-Graphic from Morguefile

No comments: