11/10/16

Post Election "Note to Self"


NOTE TO SELF ... and anyone else who agrees:

1) Don't gloat. Be grateful and honor God.

This is the time for humility and thankfulness to the Lord for great mercy.

2) Don't believe that wolves in sheep's clothing have suddenly lost their fangs. 


We can be so gullible. Why do we expect the Enemy (Satan) to suddenly accommodate us? Why do we think those who stand against all we value biblically and Constitutionally have suddenly changed?

3) Don't feel guilty because Trump won, no matter how many progressives try to dump that false burden on you!


This happens every time conservatives win. Let's get smart and learn how to appreciate victories.


4) Pray for Republican leaders who are too quick to capitulate to calls for "unity" at the cost of standing for what we fought so hard to win. 

We can compromise where it's helpful tactically, but compromise isn't always a virtue. 
Pray for discernment.

5) Stop being a wimpy Christian. 


There's no need to be an in-your-face Christian, but absolutely we can get some spiritual guts and move forward with wisdom and courage. 

My one cry is for revival - corporate and personal. And I'm asking the Lord what that might that look like.

For me ... it's time to pray more, love my neighbors more, stand for biblical standards more, seek the Lord and revival more, and ask Him how I can make a difference in the years ahead.


Those are all ACTION words.


This is NOT a time to follow the pack. 

IT'S A TIME TO SEEK THE LORD.

  • "When You said, 'Seek My face,' my heart said to You, 'Your face, O LORD, I shall seek" (Psalm 27:8).
  • "Seek the LORD and His strength; Seek His face continually" (1 Chronicles 16:11).
  • "Seek the LORD while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return to the LORD, and He will have compassion on him and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon" (Isaiah 55:6-7).
  • "I love those who love me, and those who diligently seek me will find me" (Proverbs 8:17).
  • "Sow with a view to righteousness, Reap in accordance with kindness; break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the LORD until He comes to rain righteousness on you" (Hosea 10:12).
  • "You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart" (Jeremiah 29:13).


No comments: