7/5/17

What Does Your Photo Really Show?


I received a devotional from "Today's Turning Point with Dr. David Jeremiah" that was so timely for me. I had just put a new photo on Facebook to replace a rather "ancient" one I had at the top of my page.

I started thinking, "What does this photo show?"
  • Does it show my inner joy in knowing the Lord?
  • Does it show my struggle with a food addiction?
  • Does it show my desire to be used by Christ and make a difference in people's lives?
  • Does it show my love for my family?
In the end, I decided it really didn't matter what my Facebook Friends thought. All that matters is I'm living for the Lord, pursuing God with all my heart and loving any "neighbors" He brings across my path with His love (Mark 12:30-31).
  • I'm set apart for His glory.
  • I'm walking in the Spirit, keeping step with Him and bearing fruit.
  • I'm living for an audience of One.
It's really true, what I read in the devotional: "Those viewing your photos can't see your heart, but God can. Make sure He finds in you a heart that is pursuing Him."

God sees the heart, not what others may or may not see (1 Samuel 16:7; Acts 13:22). And that's a blessing to me today.

The Lord sees my struggles, but He also sees my desire to please Him—to do all His will

It's not about performance. It's about grace. 

His grace making me more grace-filled. His grace helping me not beat myself up with a club of self-condemnation (Romans 8:1). His grace transforms my heart and motivates me to greater love, obedience and service.

Look at your Facebook photo today. 
What do you think others see? 
What do you think God knows?

No comments: